Guidelines for burning in the Town of Hammond
- Town residents are to call Fire Dispatch at 715-684-2112 to request a burning permit.
- Town Chair will notify Fire Dispatch to put a burning ban in effect for the Town of Hammond until the notice is rescinded.
- Permits allow the residents to have a recreational fires, burn brush, leaves, only clean untreated wood, clean paper products (such as cardboard) and vegetation.
- Burning of plastic, garbage, asphalt, treated and painted wood, rubber or oily substances is prohibited.
- Don’t burn without fire fighting tools handy and available and never leave the fire unattended.
- Don’t burn if conditions are dry, the wind is stronger than 8 miles per hour or if the weather forecast indicates the wind will increase during ht time you burn.
- The resident is responsible if your fire gets away, and becomes liable for all expenses incurred in suppressing a fire and will be responsible for all damages caused by this fire.